Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Today my plate is a BOWL!

A few months ago, my good friend and boss extraordinaire brought the most fabulous soup to work to share with me.  Turns out she has been a long time friend with the blog author at Pithy's Kitchen and this beautiful Tomato Bisque soup recipe came from her. I've had it on my heart to make it since my first taste, but just got around to it this past Sunday.  No chicken wings or guacamole for this girl during the Super Bowl.  If you like tomato soup, then this ramped up, slightly spicy, and very substantial soup will also be pleasing to your palate!
I won't bother to copy/paste her complete recipe here, but rather offer you this simple link:

Most Delicious Tomato Bisque Soup Ever

*I did make one change.  I used quick cooking pearled barley instead of rice. It decreased the simmering time by about 20 minutes and you can read the nutritional differences for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment